The fun times of winter holidays are gone now and the New Year is underway. In the days immediately following the party, you will need to address several chores at home. Most domestic cleaners suggest that it is cleaning that constitutes the bigger deal of home tasks.
The reason why that is so is rather simple: holiday events, featuring guest visits and big parties tend to make a mess of any home. It is only by devoting some effort and time in tackling the issue that you can ensure your home is back in presentable state soon after the holidays. Knowing what chores to focus your attention to will surely help you, so take note of the following:
- Carpet cleaning – surely the increased human traffic and activity has taken its toll on the carpets and rugs of your home. As a result, you will do well to give them a thorough clean. Unfortunately, a simple vacuum cleaning may not cut it. You might as well consider steam carpet cleaning, as a proven method to thoroughly sanitise your carpet. Remember to turn up the heating in order to dry the carpet well after such cleaning service.
- Upholstery cleaning – much like carpets and rugs, the upholstered furniture in your living room has likely seen too much activity as well. Giving the upholstery a good cleaning is a wise idea. It is a good thing that it can happen the same day you are dealing with the carpet, because the same method is used to clean upholstered furniture.
- Stain removal – it goes without saying that parties can lead to a mess, and any mess is usually defined by the stains present on the floor, the furniture, clothes or other areas of your home. Always know that a stain should be treated as soon as possible, because that improves the odds of cleaning it without a trace.
- Remove the clutter – with presents, holiday decoration and extra items needed to accommodate your guests, your home surely looks cluttered. When all the parties are over and guests leave, it is time to do a big decluttering session and store away everything you used for the holidays. This will return your home to normal and reduce the mess to minimum. It will also reveal what other tasks you need to address and clear the way for some further cleaning.
- Clean the guest bedroom – when the room is free and no longer in use, you should get to clean it. Wash the bed sheets and while they are drying, use the vacuum cleaner’s upholstery attachment to clean the mattress. Change the bedding and fluff up any pillows to ensure the room is ready to use by your next guests.
As you can see, you will be quite busy addressing these chores outlined by domestic cleaners. Be that as it may, you have to find time and deal with all of them in order to return your home to normal after the holidays.
Source by Mariya Nikol